Morning Call 1.11.2016
Yesterday`s news & numbers
- UK100 6981 +0.63%
- Germany30 10725 +0.44%
- France40 4535 +0.49%
- China's official Purchasing Managers' Index (PMI) expanded at the fastest pace (51.2) in more than two years in October, adding to views that the world's second-largest economy is stabilizing thanks to a credit and housing boom.
- Sterling slipped 0.1%to $1.2230 but was underpinned by news that Bank of England Governor Mark Carney said he would stay in his job for an extra year, until the end of June 2019.
- The dollar bought 104.85 yen up slightly on the day but still shy of Friday's three-month high of 105.54. It managed to gain more than 3% for the month of October.
Today`s news & numbers
- 9.30am UK PMI: Manufacturing 54.5 expected vs 55.4 previous
- 12.30pm CAD GDP MoM:0.2% expected vs 0.5% previous
- 2pm US PMI ISM Manufacturing: 51.7 expected vs 51.5 previous
- 9.45pm AUD Unemployment rate QoQ: 5.1% previous
- BP PLC Q3 Results
- Moneysupermarket.Com Group PLC Q3 Results
- Weir Group PLC Q3 Results
- Standard Chartered PLC Q3 Results
- Shire PLC Q3 Results
- Virgin Money Holdings Plc Q3 Results
- Royal Dutch Shell Plc Q3 Results
Sursa: ETX Capital